Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Gas Station

One stop Shop!

I stopped at a quick shop mall late one night and no one was there. It seemed closed except for the attendant. While I was inside another car stopped, it was a teenage boy. I would not have thought anything about this except, when I reached my car he had parked so close I almost couldn’t open my door. An empty parking lot and he left only inches to spare between our chariots.

In the passenger side of his parents SUV was a teenage girl staring forward totally focused upon her beloved. I don’t think she saw me even though I was standing right next to her.

I got inside my car and realized why the boy did not want to checkout while I was inside…it wasn’t beer or cigarettes of which he was to young to buy. He was getting condoms!

First thought, do your parents know you are doing this? Okay a parental moment and then I thought good for her! She is protecting herself. However, much more was going on here, she was testing his courage! Her eyes never moved off his actions…I wonder how many times others test us without our knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment